Our team of faculty librarians at the Ruth Lilly Medical Library work across the spectrum of academic medicine channeling their expertise into research skills training and consulting in finding and evaluating published research information. All of their work supports health and medical education, research, and publication, all of which ultimately leads to improved patient outcomes as well as quality of care.
They also publish! We couldn't be more proud of our team of faculty librarians at RLML and thought we'd share a list of their publications and scholarly presentations over the past academic year:
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Beas R, ... Ramirez-Rojas M, et al. How Good Is Online Information for Patients on the Treatment for Luminal Gastrointestinal Cancers? A Comprehensive Evaluation in English and Spanish. J Cancer Educ. 2023 Jul 2. doi: 10.1007/s13187-023-02335-3.
- Lynch Milder MK, … Stumpff, JC, et al. The Health Care Transition Needs of Adolescents and Emerging Adults with Chronic Pain: A Narrative Review. J Clin Psychol Med Settings. 2023 Jun 26. doi: 10.1007/s10880-023-09966-0.
- Kroenke K, ... Ralston RK, et al. Effectiveness of Care Models for Chronic Disease Management: A Scoping Review of Systematic Reviews [published online ahead of print, 2023 Jun 17]. PM R. 2023;10.1002/pmrj.13027. doi:10.1002/pmrj.13027.
- Sander AM, ... Ralston RK, et al. An Umbrella Review of Self-Management Interventions for Health Conditions With Symptom Overlap With Traumatic Brain Injury [published online ahead of print, 2023 Jun 9]. J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2023;10.1097/ HTR.0000000000000863. doi:10.1097/HTR.0000000000000863
- Ibrahim H, Vetter, CJ, et al. Interventions to Support Medical Trainee Well-being when Dealing with Patient Death: A scoping review protocol. BMJ Open. 2023;13(6):e072530. Published 2023 Jun 8. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2023-072530.
- Iyer NP, ... Craven, HJ, Whipple, EC, et al. Association of Extubation Failure Rates With High-Flow Nasal Cannula, Continuous Positive Airway Pressure, and Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure vs Conventional Oxygen Therapy in Infants and Young Children: A systematic review and network meta-analysis. [published online ahead of print, 2023 Jun 5]. JAMA Pediatr. 2023;e231478. doi:10.1001/jamapediatrics.2023.1478.
- Haas, D, … Ramirez-Rojas M. Research Mentoring Teams: A support program to increase resident research productivity. J Grad Med Educ. 2023 June; 15 (3): 365–372. doi: 10.4300/JGME-D-22-00499.1.
- Ramirez-Rojas M, Hinrichs RJ. Public Health Research in the News: An Exploratory Study of Topics, Coverage, and Open Access Status. Hypothesis: Research Journal for Health Information Professionals. Accepted June 2023.
- Beas R, ... Ramirez-Rojas M, et al. Prevalence of Depression Among Patients with Chronic Pancreatitis: A systematic review and meta-analysis. [published online ahead of print, 2023 Mar 26]. Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol. 2023;47(5):102115. doi:10.1016/j.clinre.2023.102115.
- Abu-Sultaneh S, … Craven, HJ, ... Whipple EC, et al. Executive Summary: International Clinical Practice Guidelines for Pediatric Ventilator Liberation, A Pediatric Acute Lung Injury and Sepsis Investigators (PALISI) Network Document. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2023;207(1):17-28. doi:10.1164/rccm.202204-0795SO.
Conference Presentations, Papers and Posters
- Menard, LM, Blevins, AE, Vetter, CJ, Trujillo, DJ. "How Do Medical Students Approach Critical Appraisal? Results from a Mixed-Methods Study". Paper presented at the Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, Detroit, MI; 5/19/2023.
- Stumpff, JC, Ramirez-Rojas, M, Ralston, RK. "Exploring the publishing patterns and journal use of Graduate Medical Education (GME) residents in a large medical school". Lightning talk presented at the Medical Library Association Annual Meeting; 5/19/23; Detroit, MI. https://hdl.handle.net/1805/32822
- Ramirez-Rojas, M, Dolan, L. "Mapping Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion research in medical education journals: An exploratory bibliometric analysis, 2018-2022". Poster presented at: Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, Detroit, MI; May 16-18, 2023.
- Ramirez-Rojas, M, Whipple, EC. "What is my affiliation? Fostering faculty engagement and institutional affiliation in publication authorship". Paper presented at: Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, Detroit, MI; 5/18/2023. https://hdl.handle.net/1805/32924
- Whipple, EC, Craven, HJ. "Librarians’ role in developing international pediatric clinical guidelines". Lightning talk presented at: Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, Detroit, MI; 5/17/2023. https://hdl.handle.net/1805/32850
- Vetter, CJ, Keele, BJ, Little, LR. "Cross-Discipline Collaboration: Medical and Law Librarians Identifying and Correcting Uses of Law Databases in the Medical Literature". Paper presented at: Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, Detroit, MI; 5/17/2023.
- Montalvan-Sanchez E, ... Ramirez-Rojas, M, et al. "The Association of Tobacco Use and Gastric Intestinal Metaplasia: A global systematic review and meta-analysis". Poster presented at: Digestive Diseases Week DDW 2023, Chicago, IL; 5/6/2023-5/9/2023.
- Beas R, … Ramirez-Rojas, M, et al. "Prevalence of Celiac Disease and Celiac Disease Antibodies in Autoimmune Diseases: A systematic review and meta-analysis". Poster presented at: Digestive Diseases Week DDW 2023, Chicago, IL; 5/6/2023-5/9/2023.
- Dolan, L, Whipple, EC. "Electronic lab notebooks in practice". Poster presented at the Research Data Access & Preservation (RDAP) Annual Meeting; online. 3/29/2023. https://hdl.handle.net/1805/32016
- Vetter, CJ, Pieczko, BT. "Librarian workshop: Health information for your patients". Workshop presented at the LGBTQ+ Health Care Conference; virtual. 3/24/2023. https://hdl.handle.net/1805/32008
- Stone S, Little L, Pieczko, BT. "Forging a new DEI-focused track for librarian promotion and tenure". Poster presented at the Association of College and Research Libraries Conference; 3/16/2023. https://hdl.handle.net/1805/32013
- Dolan, L, Whipple, EC. "Diversity in Demographic Data: Lessons Learned from Exploratory Library Programming in Data and DEI". Lightning talk presented at the Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association Virtual Conference; virtual. 10/2022.
- Keele BJ, Little LR, Vetter, CJ, "Ask Your Doctor if Wexis is Right For You: Medical Researchers' Use of Legal Information". Presentation at the Mid-America Association of Law Librarians Annual Meeting; virtual. 10/12/2022.
- Ramirez-Rojas M, Nguyen AT, Herbert B-S, Whipple, EC. "Policy Impact of COVID-19 Research Published by the IU School Of Medicine: An Exploratory Bibliometric Analysis, 2020-2021". Poster presented at the 4th Annual IUSM Education Day, Indianapolis, IN; 4/28/2023. https://hdl.handle.net/1805/32921
- Stumpff, JC, Vetter, CJ, Delbridge, EJ. "Supporting the GME Scholarship Requirement: A pilot study of two library interventions". Poster presented at the 4th Annual IUSM Education Day, Indianapolis, IN; 4/28/2023. https://hdl.handle.net/1805/32479
- Inderstrodt, J, Stumpff, JC, et al. "Informatics Interventions for Maternal Morbidity: A scoping review". Poster presented at the National Library of Medicine T15 Training Conference 2023, Palo Alto, CA; 6/22/2023.