To qualify for admission in the Education Track in Anatomy PhD Program, applicants must have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution of higher education, preferably in biology or a related scientific field, with a GPA of at least a 3.4 out of 4.0. The GRE is optional.
Students with prior graduate or professional school training (e.g., a Master’s degree) are given special consideration.
Admission Materials (Due December 1)
- The equivalent of a bachelor's degree from a recognized institution of higher education
- A completed University Graduate School Application.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Essay responses to the questions about experience, interest and career goals
- Non-refundable $70 application fee
- Three letters of recommendation that address the applicant’s suitability for a career in teaching and the potential of independent educational scholarship
- Official transcripts from all universities attended (unofficial copies from the registrar may be accepted for the review process but an official transcript must be on file for matriculates) mailed to:
Graduate Student Services Coordinator
Biology Building 104
1001 East Third Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
Office of International Services
400 East Seventh Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for non-native English speakers. Recommended scores are 100 or higher for TOEFL and 7.0 or higher for IELTS.
When completing the online application, make the following selections in the Intended Program and Plan section:
|What type of degree do you intend to pursue?||Doctoral/PhD|
|Academic Program||IU Medical Sciences|
|Are you applying to a dual degree program?||No|
There is a non-refundable $70 application fee required when completing this application. You may request a fee waiver through B1G Academic Alliance. Additional opportunities for application fee waivers are available through the Indiana University graduate school. For more information, contact Jackie Breeding.
International applicants can also seek assistance from the Office of International Services. Request a paper copy of the application for international students by emailing email@example.com.