The Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics invites all trainees, staff or faculty to submit abstracts for poster presentations at the annual symposium on Tuesday, September 19, 2023. The symposium provides a unique opportunity to share your research with all members of the department and receive recognition for your hard work.
The symposium will be attended by all staff, faculty and students in the department and will be a great way to build professional relationships.
Submission by PhD students, postdoctoral fellows, clinical fellows, residents and department staff/faculty are encouraged. We encourage the reuse of abstracts/posters from other conferences.
Please note: We are only able to order poster boards for the number of abstracts received. If you plan on presenting a previously printed poster, you still need to submit a corresponding abstract for an accurate count to the MMGE symposium.
All abstracts will be reviewed by members of the symposium committee. High scoring abstracts will be recognized and chosen for oral presentations in fast fire format.
Deadline: Friday, August 18th by midnight
- Medical and molecular genetics PhD, MD/PhD, MS – GC and MS – non-GC programs
- Postdoctoral fellows
- Clinical laboratory fellows
- Medical genetics residents
- Staff and faculty
- Other researchers with permission from the symposium committee
- One first-author submission per person
- Abstract should include a title, a list of authors and affiliations
- Abstracts are limited to 300 words, excluding authors’ names and titles
- Poster size is limited to 48” (width) by 36” (height)