IU School of Medicine does not discriminate based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. Applicants are selected utilizing a holistic process that considers the applicant's broad educational background, including scholarship, character, personality, references, MCAT, altruism and personal interview.
- Since the program's inception (1995), there have been 449 MSMS learners
- 302 matriculants into medical school (since 1995)
- Students have matriculated into 54 different schools
- Matriculation rate in MD program is approximately 70%
All applicants will receive a decision notification before June 1. Applicants who wish to accept the admissions offer must respond, in writing, within 14 days. A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required to hold an accepted position in the incoming class.
Before a new MSMS student is eligible to matriculate into IU School of Medicine, the following admissions tasks must be completed within a certain number of days following receipt of the Acceptance Letter:
- Return decision letter: within 14 days
- Acknowledge the technical standards: within 14 days
- Return Academic and Legal Disclosure Forms: within 14 days
- Submit final transcripts with posted date of graduation: by June 1
- (If applicable) Submit Permanent Resident Status documentation: within 14 days