Research activities at the DeVault Lab are supported primarily by grants from the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders of the National Institutes of Health, with substantial support coming from other public and private agencies as well as individual gifts and bequests.
- “Executive functioning and speech-language skills in cochlear implant users.” (R01DC015257). Principal Investigators William Kronenberger, PhD, and David Pisoni, PhD. (Multiple PI). National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, 12/1/2016 – 11/30/2022.
- “Family processes in developmental outcomes of pediatric hearing loss.” (R01DC014956). Rachael Holt, PhD, Principal Investigator, David Pisoni, PhD, Co-Principal Investigator, and William G. Kronenberger, PhD, Co-investigator. National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, 8/1/2016 – 7/31/2022.
- Kronenberger WG, Pisoni DB. Assessing Higher Order Language Processing in Long-Term Cochlear Implant Users. Am J Speech Lang Pathol. 2019 Nov 19;28(4):1537-1553. doi: 10.1044/2019_AJSLP-18-0138. Epub 2019 Oct 16. PMID: 31618055; PMCID: PMC7251594.
- Kronenberger WG, Xu H, Pisoni DB. Longitudinal Development of Executive Functioning and Spoken Language Skills in Preschool-Aged Children With Cochlear Implants. J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2020 Apr 27;63(4):1128-1147. doi: 10.1044/2019_JSLHR-19-00247. Epub 2020 Mar 23. PMID: 32204645; PMCID: PMC7242982.
- Kronenberger WG, Bozell H, Henning SC, Montgomery CJ, Ditmars AM, Pisoni DB. Functional hearing quality in prelingually deaf school-age children and adolescents with cochlear implants. Int J Audiol. 2021 Apr;60(4):282-292. doi: 10.1080/14992027.2020.1826586. Epub 2020 Oct 1. PMID: 33000660; PMCID: PMC8012403.